You know that new house on the hill? We built it.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

We have a date!

Exciting news this morning- we have a date for move-in! It's still not 100% but Perry is estimating that the weekend of April 16 will be our move-in weekend! YAY! Because we're getting so close to move-in and the final details on the house are all coming together, I've decided to limit the pictures I share from now until the house is done. But knowing that our family and friends (and other readers) want to see something, here are a few sneak pics!

When Ashley's mom walked into our kitchen on Tuesday she almost started crying because she liked it so much. It helps to have a mother-in-law who appreciates the farmhouse look. And I'm pretty tickled with the results, too. Here's the faucet with the backsplash (waiting on grout).
Our master bathroom--shower waiting on grout and there's a toilet!
The guys installed irrigation on Tuesday, too!
And yesterday, two men from Lancaster drove down to get our tub. Finally. We've almost delayed too long on getting this done but I'm hoping it will be ready in time! Here's her feet, in need of some obvious repairs!
Tomorrow we're picking out floor stain. And if we can just settle on lighting for above the kitchen island, I think our decision making may be coming to an end!

2 comments:

  1. SO exciting!! I hope to see it soon and let the kids play in the dirt together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I know that I can't possibly be nearly as excited as you and Ashley but I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see all the pictures! I have no idea what you have planned for the big reveal on the blog but I just wanted to share that I have found that I really enjoy the photo editing software picasa. It's free and I've found that it's very easy to create videos using still photographs. You can easily add text and music etc. I've been able to burn them to a dvd and then play it in a regular dvd player which my grandmother loves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in--and providing your thoughts!