You know that new house on the hill? We built it.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Our last decision (maybe)

I think we're done with decisions! This morning I met with the hardwood floor finishers and picked Miniwax's Provincial, which is a very basic darker stain but not too dark. I wanted to stay away from the super dark because dust and dirt would show up terribly. Provincial fits the bill.

And speaking of final decisions, I think we've decided on this chandelier for above the island.

I know, it's slightly different from the look of our house overall. But the more I look at pictures of farmhouses, the more I see a very traditional chandelier hanging in the dining room. We'll tie that look in with our kitchen by hopefully painting this fixture in oil-rubbed bronze to match the rest of the house.

What do you think? The best part about this fixture is we found it for sale at our local ReStore (a steal at $20!). We can always change it out down the road. But we're ready to be done with decisions and that's it!

Unless of course, you realize that today is a day that nothing is as it really is. Then you'll just laugh and just have to wait to see what we've really chosen. Happy April Fool's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in--and providing your thoughts!