You know that new house on the hill? We built it.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Trimmed out

Fast Freddy is getting close to being done with the trim. As of this afternoon, he lacks the majority of the crown molding, baseboards, and closet shelving. But I thought you might like a tour anyways! Again I apologize for the jumpy order. Blogger makes it tough to rearrange photos (or at least, it is for me!).

Here's the master bath.
Upstairs landing built-in for tv, etc. The living room one is very similar, except it has a cabinet for the wood pass-through.
Guest bedroom window seat (storage beneath).
Kitchen!! The island will have a 1 ft overhang on the right side (desk side), where we'll have low stools. I decided to have a slightly smaller island so there is more room to move around (and congregate in) the kitchen.
Half-bath downstairs. I guess the proper name is Powder Room but I don't know anyone who powders anymore!
Laundry room. The far shelf is going to be left open.
Boys' bathroom upstairs.
Back door and hallway. I love how Freddy added beadboard along this space. He told me he had to come up with a way to transition the beadboard from the stairway into the living space. Good solution!
Ah, yes! We have a porch floor on the front.
And another view of the kitchen. In this view, you can see where the fridge (left) and stove (right) will be.
It's coming together!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'd never heard of or seen beadboard but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the wood work. I think that's what really makes a home look more "custom". Hubby and I are getting ready to sell our home. It's one of those spec built homes. We're adding all types of trim and wood work to make it stand out. Love all of your choices. I keep showing my husband all of your posts because you're making all the choices we have been talking about doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! As much as I'm tired of making choices, it has been fun seeing our house come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen is going to be great! I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in--and providing your thoughts!