You know that new house on the hill? We built it.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moving right along

I met with Perry and Armando (the painter and tile guy) to go over the placement of our tile on Tuesday. Thankful that I did because we all had different ideas about how the subway tile in the shower should be placed (we're going with the traditional brick-lay pattern).
First layer of paint up! This is Hazy Skies (the grayish color) but it looks khaki-ish in the picture. I love how it changes from room to room. And it's definitely proof that you can have a warm gray!
Hazy Skies in the dining room.
And Lewiville Green in our bathroom. I LOVE the green. LOVE it. So does Ashley. It's not as Kermit-the-frog-green as the green in our old kitchen. It's just perfect against the white. Yay!
Back porch--note the single step that Freddy built. Ashley is especially excited about this because we don't have to put railings on our deck now.
What's going on at the house this week: Another layer of paint, tile, and granite countertops being installed tomorrow (Friday). We're hoping for the first or second weekend in April as a move-in date but who knows. I told Perry I want everything done right so we're OK if it takes a little bit longer. That said, I'd love to be able to have my little soon-to-be 1 year old's birthday party at our new house Easter weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is the perfect green! I wrote down the name but when we move I'm sure I'll track you down to get the name of the color again! The house is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in--and providing your thoughts!