You know that new house on the hill? We built it.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A slight unfair advantage

It's sod day at the new house!
Ashley, his dad and a few of their crew members are laying our Zoysia sod. I'm the first to admit that we're at an unfair advantage when it comes to landscaping--but gosh, it makes it nice when we can have a yard right when we move in next weekend!I couldn't be more thankful for my husband's line of work!

Ashley is prepping the soil for the sod with a rake.
Kleck used his tractor to do get ground properly tilled (I apologize if I'm not using the correct terminology!).


The pallets of sod waiting.
Oh pretty house--I already love you! I'm so thankful for this whole process. Walking up the hill this morning from our shop (I dug some old rugs out of storage so our hardwood floors could be somewhat preserved from all the traffic going in and out), I stood in the front amazed by how it's all come together.
And then when I see the grass (soon to be greener) against the crisp white, I'm just even more happy.
Ashley's dad is using the Bobcat to move the pallets of sod in place.
Oh and the railings are painted!
More pictures later of the finished yard!

2 comments:

  1. Anna, this is incredible! Good luck these next couple of weeks as you prepare, then move, and settle in! What an amazing experience this has been, and it's been so fun to watch it happen through the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely fortunate to have a landscaper in the family! I'll add that to my list of useful professions for family members, along with accountant and pediatrician. Along with the practical aspect, the equipment is super fun for your boys!
    The house almost looks like it's glowing with the sun shining on it in the first picture! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in--and providing your thoughts!