You know that new house on the hill? We built it.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Stylish Blog Award


Well, this is fun. I've been given the Stylish Blogger Award by southbel at Southern Style.  We share the Palmetto State as our home and she's thinking about building a Moser Design Group plan. Blogging about building our house has connected me to all sorts of folks so this little award is a pyramid scheme that is neat to take part in!

As part of this award, I have to share seven things about myself:

1- I'm currently a stay-at-home mama but before my 2 1/2 year old was born, I was an academic advisor at the University of South Carolina. I hope to return to higher education in some form once my boys are older.

2- I love to cook. I grew up with a mama who loved to bake and then I married Ashley who appreciated good food. With his encouragement, my interest in preparing delicious meals has grown. Although trying new recipes comes in spurts for me, I get a lot of satisfaction when a meal turns out well.

3- I was a journalism major in undergrad at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I never actually worked for a newspaper (my original plan) but my degree has served me well in so many other ways, such as working on my four blogs and reviewing bid proposals for my husband's landscape maintenance company.

4- I grew up in North Carolina and never imagined I would live in our southern neighbor. But I'm so happy to call South Carolina home. It's a different state from North Carolina but it has so much to offer, too!

5- My favorite thing to do as a little girl was play at the waterfall near my parents' house with my brother. We spent hours developing our world there and I'm excited about my boys growing up on our land and having the same magical experience (though sans waterfall!). 

6- I'm taking a beginner's sewing class right now. I've been sewing for a while but I've never branched out from aprons and pillows. Learning more of the basics is increasing my confidence and I hope to eventually be able to sew some simple clothes and bags. 

7- As much as I love keeping with friends and family via the Internet, I really love a handwritten letter in my mailbox. My friend Nikki from grad school and I are penpals and try to write each other a "real" letter every month or so. What a treat!

Another part of this award is I have the opportunity to award up to seven other blogs with the Stylish Blog Award. For this, I'm choosing the four blogs I read the most (the first two are house blogs; the second two are food blogs):
Please check them out when you have a chance. 

Happy blogging!
Stylish Blogger Award....

Rules

-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.

--Share seven things about yourself.

--Award up to seven recently discovered new blogs.--Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, Anna! You deserve it, too. I love reading about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Congrats on your new home & blog! What an exciting journey to document!!!!
    So nice to meet you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in--and providing your thoughts!